Resources to Help You with Your 7-Day VegPledge
Have you been thinking about becoming vegetarian or vegan but are not sure where to start? Do you simply want to learn to add more meat-free meals to your weekly menu? You’re in good company!
Millions of Americans from coast to coast—including former President Bill Clinton, talk show host Ellen Degeneres, and former World Heavyweight Champion Mike Tyson—are standing up for their health, the planet, and animals simply by choosing vegetarian foods. And to meet this growing demand, restaurants and grocery stores everywhere are increasingly stocking up on delicious animal-free fare.
Taking our 7-Day VegPledge doesn’t mean you’ll be skimping on flavor—rather, it simply means enjoying the vegetarian version of some of your favorite foods! After all, vegetarian eating is as easy as substituting tangy marinara for meat sauce, opting for black bean burritos instead of beef tacos, or enjoying creamy almond or rice milk in place of cow’s milk. US VegWeek offers a wonderful chance to get creative in the kitchen or when dining out.
Vegan Registered Dietitian (RD) Matt Ruscigno
US VegWeek daily emails:
Resources to Promote US VegWeek
- VegWeek Toolkit – tips on planning events and hosting a VegWeek in your community
- Social Media Guide – promote the campaign on Facebook and Twitter
- General Flyer – publicize the campaign in your town
- Restaurant Outreach Flyer and email – ask your local restaurants to offer a US VegWeek special
- Public Figure Outreach Template – invite your legislators to take the 7-Day VegPledge
- Press Release – reach out to media about US VegWeek